Tuesday 13 March, 2007

Color me with love


Reds, pinks, blues, violets and yellows…. Irresistibly vibrant, colorful, bright and happy. HAPPY is what they make me feel….and happiness is what they are known to bring to our lives.
When I think of colors, I smile. I want to break into a dance , burst into a song… It makes me think of laughter, sunshine…warmth, and lots of love.
I color my life with tons of optimism, a never-say-die attitude, plenty of laughter and loads of passion. Living life passionately comes naturally to me, [thank the lord!]
Be it walking my ‘duggas’- [ that’s my lingo for my pet dogs], sketching, limping my way to shop for veggies [ I have a severe knee injury], blogging, singing, rustling up a dish, watching a play .. I do it joyously, making it the very reason for my life and quite honestly, I always end up enjoying it all. And I want to suggest it to all you guys out there- do it completely or don’t do it at all. Not only does such an attitude keep you on a constant high, it infuses life and joy into all those you come into contact with…

A half hearted approach towards things kind of dulls things around me... i can sit for hours, simply dreaming- but I assure you, its also done with great focus and loads of emotion. :)

Doing things with feeling leaves us more enriched as we are ever so ready to soak up all things new and it teaches us the one lesson we spend our entire lives trying to learn but never really do…which is to never lose hope , to shake off the dust and stand up after a fall --- even more charged and raring to go.

Colors do that to us - they help brighten up our lives –bringing cheer, sparkle, hope. Daring us to dream, and then pushing us to realize them……….
lets throw lots of colors into our lives- paint it with kind words, gentle touches, laughter, childlike innocence, understanding, ..a warm hug here n there ...and bingo! its HOLI every day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love the way you write. Happy Holi to you and may you color the entire world in your colors.